Updated: Jun 6
“You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.” —Jane Goodall
Earth Day is an environmental education holiday and a brilliantly witchy opportunity for us to honor our connection to nature.
As a pagan, earth stewardship plays a large role in my spiritual practice and Earth Day has become a sacred time of reflection and commitment to inspired action.
Let's play with 13 magickal ways YOU can rock Earth Day like a witch.
1) Try a one day zero waste challenge and reflect on your experience in your grimoire.
2) Add a globe or globe image to your altar to promote a “think globally, act locally” attitude.
3) Dedicate the clean up of an outdoor space to your preferred deity, ancestors, animal allies or spirit of the land.
4) Decorate a bin with paint and stencils and begin your sacred composting practice.
5) Assess where our witchy supplies come from: Are they gathered to ensure sustainable harvests? It it time to consider alternatives? How can you get creative with recycled resources?
6) Consult your favorite divination method and ask for guidance about your personal mission and actionable inspiration for earth stewardship. Record any inspiration and take action as soon as possible.
7) Choose a plant ally to bring into your home as a reminder of earth consciousness.
8) Plan a private ritual (or invite friends) to commit to one action towards earth healing.
9) Spend a few moments meditating on connection and the beautifully diverse web of life. (Of which you are an important part, moon baby.)
10) Use art witchery to create something beautiful from recycled or naturally sourced materials to include on your altar or share with the community.
11) Pick out an existing reusable cup or purchase from a local artist and bless it for good health and earth wellness. Carry it with you to spread the Love and strengthen your stewardship.
12) Dye, decorate, embroider and enchant reusable bags for abundance and planetary health. Make one for you and a friend!
13) Plant or pot (or plan if the weather isn't ideal) a native planting as an offering to winged friends, pollinators, or the genius loci.
How will you make Earth Day magickal, Moon Babies?
Witch on, Witch Boldly & Be Well! Molly is an Art Witch, teacher and Beauty Seeker dedicated to helping you live your most magickal life. Play along and learn more here.