MAY QUEEN: A Witchy Beltane Soundtrack (+ Beauty Rites for One)
Darling Moon Baby,
I know it doesn't feel like it right now
but I hope your heart remembers
that there is a whole world just under the bleakness:
the writhing, breathing, blossoming and singing world of wet red dirt, succulent tendrils of greenness and little nests in lilac bushes--
A world that's in the business of Living.
And Moon Baby,
business is booming.
When we're stressed to our limit, the magick of the seasons may feel far away and joy can feel inappropriate or shameful.
We may not feel like putting pants on
much less raising a maypole or coordinating an elaborate Beltane ritual.
And that is okay, Moon Baby.
There are no pagan police, no witchcraft quotas to meet.
It's also equally okay to feel good and find reasons to celebrate.
It's safe to feel happiness.
It's safe to feel creative.
It's safe to feel magickal.
It's safe to seek beauty.
Using your discernment and deciding what's right for you is a powerful witchy skill.
Wherever you fall on the merrymaking spectrum,
Remember that Beauty is restorative.
Beauty is not vapid or inappropriate.
Beauty is a reason to Live.
Beauty is the lifeblood of existence, Moon Baby.
And just a tiny drop of Beauty can wake us up to Life.
Beltane is a ripe and intoxicating moment to commune with the Beauty that is your birthright.
I think so too.
Simple Beauty-full Beltane Rites for One
- Spread a blanket on the living room floor and eat fruit with your fingers.
- Say hello to any bees you meet and touch a daffodil
- Step outside, close your eyes and listen to the birds and trees murmuring
- Cast a love spell (or three) in your kitchen.
- Cuddle up to a fireplace video and send cozy wishes to people you love
- Perform bibliomancy with a book of poetry, art or any subject you love and use the page you land on for guidance and inspiration.
- Play in your grimoire to invoke creative fruitfulness
-Touch the morning dew and rub it on your skin
- Read a sexy book in the bathtub
-Wear a flower, leaf or ribbon in your hair to flirt with the universe.
- Light a candle, flip off the lights and throw a feral dance party.
MAY QUEEN: A Witchy Beltane Soundtrack
A bewitching mix of psychedelia, luscious blossoms and steamy serenades for sipping dandelion wine and swaying with rainbow ribbons in your hair.
1) SHE'S A RAINBOW - The Rolling Stones
2) COME MEH WAY - Sudan Archives
3) YOUR LIGHT - The Big Moon
4) RUNNING UP THAT HILL - Kate Bush
5) MAKE MAGIC - Rising Appalachia
6) SUN, MOON AND STARS - Loreena McKennitt
7) WHITE UNICORN - Wolfmother
8) SECRET ENCHANTED BROCCOLI FOREST - The Babe Rainbow
9) DANCING BAREFOOT - Patti Smith
10) SONG OF THE SERPENT - Goddess Alchemy Project
11) LUST FOR LIFE - Lana Del Rey
12) SUMMER WINE - Nancy Sinatra
13) BEAUTIFUL TANGO - Hindi Zahra
14) RAINY DAY MUSHROOM PILLOW
15) ONE NIGHT IN THE SUN - LP
16) WILDFLOWERS - The Wailin' Jennys
17) DANDELION WINE - Ron Sexsmith
18) FREAK IN ME - Mild Orange
19) RHIANNON - Fleetwood Mac Machu Remix
Dance along to more magickal playlists here.
Celebrate in ways that feel right for you, Moon Baby.
Remember: Beauty is never far away.
You have the power to call it to you any time, anywhere.
I'll be dancing with you!
Sending you juicy honey-dipped Beltane wishes.
WITCH ON, WITCH BOLDLY & BE WELL.
Molly is an art witch, magick teacher and beauty seeker dedicated to helping you live your most magickal life. 7 Weird Things You Should Know About Me...
MOON HUNTER: A Moody Lunar Playlist
PSYCHIC SPICE: A Solar Power Playlist
CHAMOMILE & QUARTZ: A Healing Playlist
VENUSIAN VIBES: A Beauty Seeker's Playlist